Survey Action Plan 2017
In 2017, 334 GP Patient Surveys were sent out to our patients for completion. 104 surveys were completed. Our completion rate is 31%.
All data is weighted data, weights have been applied to adjust the data to account for potential age and gender differences between the profile of all eligible patients in a practice and the patients who actually complete a questionnaire.
What the practice does well:
- 89% of respondents find it easy to get through to the Practice by phone. This is 11% higher than Bolton CCGs average and 18% above national average.
- 92% of respondents find the receptionists at this surgery helpful. This is 4% higher than Bolton CCGs average and 5% above national average.
- 89% of respondents said last time they saw or spoke to a GP, they were good at giving them enough time. This is 2% higher than Bolton CCGs average and 3% higher than the national average.
What the practice could improve:
- 48% of respondents usually wait 15 minutes or less after their appointment time to be seen. This 20% below Bolton CCGs average and 16% below the national average.
- 43% or respondents usually get to see or speak to their preferred GP. This is 12% below Bolton CCGs average and 13% below the national average.
- 74% of respondents are satisfied with the surgery’s opening hours. This is 7% below Bolton CCGs average and 2% below the national average.
- Promote the survey to increase the uptake rate
- Encourage patients to only use one consultation slot for one medical problem. If they have more than one condition they will need to book a 20 minute appointment.
- Reception to ask the patients if it is regarding one medical condition. If it is for more than one, to book a double appointment.
- Ensure patients with the disabilities have a prompt on their electronic record indicating they automatically require a double appointment.
- Ensure the Reception Team ask which GP the patient would prefer to see.
- The Practice has extended hours already, therefore the Practice will advertise these better.
- The Practice will conduct another patient survey asking patients to indicate their preferred opening hours.